iOS 10 has many new things but one useful feature that has not got much attention is it Magnifier. It lets you use your iOS device’s camera to magnify things and make them much easier to see. It won’t be wrong to say this all new magnifier is a visual accessibility feature that turn your iPhone into a magnifying glass.
With the help of this Magnifier, iOS 10 users can use the iPhone camera to zoom in and out on text, objects, labels at a distance. You just need to enable this feature and then activate the Magnifier on the home button. And if you are still clueless how to use the magnifier, read this.
1. First enable the magnifier: Go to settings from your home screen and tap general. Then tap accessibility from where you can get magnifier. Tap the switch next to magnifier. After it gets enabled, you need to press the home button thrice to start it. Now choose magnifier if you have multiple accessibility options enabled.
2. Enable auto-brightness in the magnifier: If you want the camera to focus better, you need to adjust the auto-brightness on your screen. It is based on ambient light settings. Go to launch settings from your home screen and tap general. Then tap accessibility. You will find magnifier. Now tap the switch next to auto-brightness.
3. Zoom in with the magnifier: You need to press the home button three times to activate the magnifier. Now tap, hold, and drag the slider to adjust the magnification. To decrease the magnification, move left. Move right to increase the magnification.
4. Turn on the flashlight in the magnifier: If you turn on the flashlight, it will help you see better and help your camera focus better on close-up objects around you. You need to press the home button thrice to activate the magnifier. Then tap the flashlight button.
5. Enable focus lock in the magnifier: If you’re very close to something, your iPhone camera might get refocused. To prevent it, tap the focus lock button as it will maintain the focus you see on the screen. You need to press the home button three times to activate the magnifier and tap the focus lock button.
6. Take a freeze frame in the magnifier: The coolest magnifier feature is the ability to take a freeze frame of an image and to zoom in and out. You need to activate the magnifier. Tap the freeze frame button. Tap and drag the magnification slider back and forth to zoom in and out on the image.
7. Adjust the brightness and contrast manually in the magnifier: You need to again activate the magnifier. Tap filters button on the bottom right corner of your screen. Tap and drag the sliders from left to right until you reach your desired brightness and contrast.
8. Change the filter in the magnifier: You need to activate the magnifier by pressing the home button thrice. Tap filters button on the bottom right corner of your screen. Swipe left along the filters to choose one among – None, Yellow/black, White/blue, Yellow/blue, Grayscale, Yellow/black, and Red/black. Now tap the filter you want to use.
9 Invert colors and filters in the magnifier: You can invert each filter so that the colors switch. Activate the magnifier. Tap filters button on the bottom right corner of your screen. Tap the Invert Filters button in the bottom left corner of your screen.