Powered by last-minute desperation and the random contents of the original cook’s pantry, these cupcakes made their debut on November 16th, 2008 at Cupcake Camp East. They are a treat.
Servings: approximately 24 cupcakes
- 3 cups white flour
- 2 cups sugar (use sucanat if you’re concerned about charcoal filtering)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canola oil (or similar suitable oil)
- 1 cup leftover champagne
- 1 cup water
- 2 dozen cupcake papers
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line the cupcake pans with the cupcake papers.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients slowly to the dry ingredients as you whisk the mixture to get rid of lumps. If hopelessly runny, add more flour. The batter should be capable of being poured, but not watery.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Once slightly golden brown, remove them from the oven.
- Take the cupcakes out of the pan and arrange them on wire racks to cool.
- Frost when cool. Serve.
- If you’re out of cupcake papers, grease and flour the cups in the pan.
EditThings You’ll Need
- Mixing bowl
- Cupcake papers
- Standard size muffin/cupcake pans (or use silicon cupcake pans)
- Wire racks
- Make Vegan Cupcakes
- Make Wicked Cupcakes
- Make Green Tea Cupcakes
- Ice a Cupcake
- Make Caramel Cupcakes