If it happens to you, don’t be ashamed of as it happens with every one of us. Who does not like lying on a comfortable couch and watching television instead of going to the kitchen and cook food? All of us keep looking for things so that we work less and enjoy more. (Also read: How To Overcome Your Own Laziness)
But at some point of time, you need to stop being lazy and do what really matters otherwise you will lag behind. You might hamper your own growth and development by just being lazy. So cultivate habits that help you conquer your laziness and this is how you can do it.
1. Take baby steps to move forward: You won’t believe but the hardest thing is often gets started easily. For example, you want to run or exercise daily but you are too lazy to do that, do it only for 3-5 minutes initially. This will help you reduce the inner resistance and help you actually get started.
2. Shut down the escape routes: Ask yourself where do you actually escape to avoid work? If you are just sitting in front of your computer, it may not result in any work. For example, if you keep checking your smartphone once in every five minutes, put it on silent mode. Avoid focusing on social media when you are supposed to work.
3. Take small breaks or rest for a while: If you want to lighten up your work, take small breaks in between to break the monotony. For example, work for say 30 minutes and then take 5 or 10 minutes of break. You can relax by playing video game or go for a small walk.
4. Declutter your life: When your life is too cluttered, then you may shut down and procrastinate by lying lazily on your bed and watching the television. If such is the case with you, start decluttering both your work hours and your private time. (Also read: How To Overcome Laziness And Get Back To Work)
5. Spend more time with people who can motivate you: If you hang out with people who are a bit lazy, it’s easy to just adapt yourself to their mood and way of thinking. Therefore, try to spend more time with people who can encourage you and influence your thinking and mood in a positive way.
6. Force yourself: Sometimes good advice and suggestions won’t make you do the job. Your mind will tell you to go for an easy job and remain lying on your bed. Here you need to force yourself once in a while to do something you don’t want to do.