It is a new year and a renewed chance for us to learn from the past and improve ourselves. Maintaining a relationship and forging a new one is an area where constant work and improvement is required to make things work. If you have entered 2017 single with the hope of finding a partner, you can rely on technology to help you find someone you like. One of the easy ways to start looking for a partner is by installing a dating app, the most used one being Tinder. Here are seven tips and tricks that will improve your odds of being swiped right on Tinder.
1. A photo speaks louder than words The first thing everyone sees in Tinder is your profile picture or pictures, and it is there that they make the decision whether to swipe right, left or check the profile. Make sure your profile picture is well taken and has nothing weird. Ideally, it must be a picture of you smiling, as studies have proven that others find someone more attractive when they smile. Stay away from posting group shots or images with crazy Snapchat and Instagram filters. Make sure to portray you as a happy and active person through these pictures. (Also Read: 6 Ways To Become An Instagram Influencer)
2. Your bio matters Having a good bio is as important and as the profile picture. It must be a one-liner that will describe you the best. Of course, you can write more, more and more, and end up looking like a self-obsessed narcissist. Ideally add some humour into the bio, that always makes a good impression. Highlight your strengths and avoid writing anything sad and depressing or desperate.
3. Hi and Hello no longer count So by some luck, the girl or guy of your dreams swiped you right and you got a match. Then it is your responsibility to initiate a conversation, and the worst thing you can do is send a ‘hi, how are you’. These people, who you may find attractive, have also attracted many other suitors there in tinder as well. As a result, they might have heard a lot of these ‘hi, how are you?’ in Tinder. The best thing you can do is send an opening line carefully crafted after going through their profile. Bonus points if it is funny. (Also Read: Six Rules Of Texting In A New Relationship)
4. Play nice and be respectful Even though Tinder is a dating app in its core, many people come there for just meeting new people. In fact, according to many executives within the online dating services says that up tp 80% of people comes to these places in search of other things and not hook ups. So if you are a guy, how attractive you may, avoid opening with the h-word or f-word. Show some respect to the other person, even though you are yet to meet them. However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be playful in your conversation. In short- don’t act like a perv. (Also Read: How To Be A Good Listener So That People Open Up To You)
5. Take the conversation elsewhere Tinder is the best place to find the people, but the worst place to have a conversation. The app’s chat feature is horrible and it won’t let you send images (there is a reason for that). Once you hit it off with someone in Tinder, the best thing to do is take the conversation to another platform, like WhatsApp or Messenger. If you want to maintain some sort of anonymity there are apps for that as well. (Also Read: 20 WhatsApp Tricks And Tips You Should Know)
Image Credit: Tinder Blog