Sometimes, excess body mass that decreases blood circulation can also cause fluid to build up in the feet and results into swelling. Further, standing or sitting for long periods can result into retention of water and blood that cause swelling in the feet.
Do you know why swelling is often more apparent in the lower areas of the body? It is due to gravity. Such swelling doesn’t pose a significant health risk, but you should not ignore it as sometimes it indicates a more serious underlying health issue.
And if you are suffering from swollen feet, you should not worry and try these home remedies.
1. Apple cider vinegar: Apply apple cider vinegar directly on your swollen feet as it is very rich in essential nutrients that fight swelling. There is another method of using the apple cider vinegar. You can also soak a towel in a mixture of warm water and vinegar, and wrap the affected area with the towel. Repeat this process twice a day for effective result.
2. Epsom salt soak: It is very effective and common home remedy to get rid of swollen feet. This salt is very rich in essential nutrients that help treat swollen feet. Take a bucket of warm water and mix some salt in it. Now soak your legs in the water for 15-20 minutes. Repeat this twice a day for better results.
3. Lemon juice: Since lemon is rich in Vitamin C and has powerful antioxidant, drinking lemon water will help ease swelling. It helps flush out excess fluid and toxins from your body. It keeps your body hydrated and also provides anti-inflammatory benefits. Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a cup of warm water and drink.
4. Ginger: It is a natural diuretic that helps treat swollen feet. It helps dilute sodium, a major contributing factor behind swelling. Moreover, its anti-inflammatory property helps reduce swelling. You can either massage your feet with ginger oil, or can drink 2 to 3 cups of ginger tea or chew some raw ginger slices.
5. Coriander seeds: Do you know coriander seeds can treat swollen feet? Yes, the anti-inflammatory property of these seeds helps reduce swelling and improves blood circulation. Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of coriander seeds in one cup of water, boil it until the quantity reduces by half. Strain the solution, let it cool and drink it. Repeat it 2-3 times for better results.